https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T6IUK0w-TiA/X2E7zV8zZNI/AAAAAAAAGYw/9XAeggtxc4YjtBSGgbGsxEauLQ6W4-N3wCLc

Friday, May 22, 2015

Live, Love Cards - May Challenge Watercolor

 
Love how my watercoloring came out, but not thrilled with the layout.  Oh well.  Good thing I am taking the on-line Masking Class cause I really could have used it here.
My card for Live, Love Cards
Watercolor

Clearly Besotted You Are stamp set, watercolored with Kuretake Ziq Clean Color Real Brush water pens.  They are my new favorite water color medium.  This is the first one that I got a softer water color look with them.  Usually, I have trouble toning it down more. 
had a tutorial on her review of the Zig pens and it helped using her method, starting with a wash of water and then dropping color into it.
 
No. 80 Violet, #81 Light Violet, #43, Olive green, #46 Mid Green, #22 Carmine Red,  #25, Pink, #26 Light Pink, #52 Bright Yellow & #70 Orange
PTI's Hibiscus Burst Stripe patter paper.
Sequins


4 comments:

Brenda said...

I think your card is just beautiful Linda! I love those flowers and leaves and I love your water coloring! I have those watercolors on my "wish" list, they look really cool to use. I might have to break down and get them sooner rather than later. lol I love that your colors are soft on your card, but still bold enough if that makes sense. Great card! Hugs, Brenda

Colleen said...

Very pretty, Lin! Nice soft touch!

Darlene DeVries said...

I love your watercoloring Linda! The colors fading softly to the back of the flower is so pretty. Great job!

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely gorgeous Linda...love your beautiful water coloring.