https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T6IUK0w-TiA/X2E7zV8zZNI/AAAAAAAAGYw/9XAeggtxc4YjtBSGgbGsxEauLQ6W4-N3wCLc

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Most Amazing Weekend with Blogging Friends


I have to share with you the most wonderful weekend spent with these awesome blogging friends.
Colleen and I were the last to arrive in Wichita and were met by these 4 smiling faces.
Kara Lynne, Birgit, Marcia and Nancy P.  We arrived on Thursday and had the most amazing bonding experience ever.  Now, we already had bonded as blogging friends, but the bonding has increased ten fold.  It was as if we had been friends forever.  We talked, laughed, stamped, ate and had the greatest time together in this wonderful house called The Craft House.
This first picture is taken on the rainbow stairs which only shows a glimpse of them.  The second one is the craft room and the third is the kitchen area.  Now this house sleeps up to 16 people, but we were glad that we had a small intimate group.  The 6 of us took over the whole craft room and were spread out on all the tables.  Not sure we would have had more room for any more people.
Everyone brought a project to share and we learned how to color these cute little bear with Copics.   Kara was a fabulous instructor and we each got one on one time with her.
Marcia and Birgit each brought adorable pop ups and Nancy shared her Finetec fluorescent water colors.  Marcia also brought her Lindy magic colors for us to try.   We really didn't have enough time to do everything we wanted, but had so much fun trying.
Unfortunately, Nancy had to leave on Saturday and it was sad to see her go.
Sunday, Birgit and Marcia had to leave around 12:30.  Kara at 6:00, and  Colleen & I didn't have to leave until 7:40.  It was too far to go back to the house so we went to a Panera for a bite to eat and spent some time coloring.  And I really did have some one on one time with Kara.  We then went to JoAnn's and Kohls and to Wendy's to use up more time.  We ended up taking the car back about 4:00 and to the airport about 4:30 for our journey back home.  I got home about 11:30 and Col was after midnight.  But what a wonderful time we had and the memories will live on forever.

Thanks for stopping by.




12 comments:

Colleen said...

Yes, so fun and looking forward to doing it again...Friends for life is what I have now. Amazing women and we all just clicked like we had known each other for years! And it wasn't just about stamping and techniques, it was about sharing our stories and building the friendship that has come about through paper crafting. You are absolutely right when we say we all bonded!

Birgit said...

What a heart warming and fun filled post! I'm so glad to see you and Colleen sharing our special time on your blog. I'll be working one up now too! ;0) I'm so happy to have had the opportunity to really get to know you and am looking forward to our life-long friendship and future gatherings. I'm jealous about your extra one on one time, coloring with Kara. (wink)

Greta said...

Can only imagine how wonderful your time was! What a treat for you & Colleen to enjoy these days with blogging friends!

Loll said...

I'm so happy that you got to spend several days with these amazing ladies, Lin. You all look like you had the most amazing time. It will be a friendship bond that will last a lifetime! xx

Marcia Hill said...

FABULOUS post my friend and I couldn't have said any of it better!! Truly a magical and surreal time! From the moment we all set eyes on each other at the airport it was like we had known each other for forever and I absolutely LOVED every single minute of it and can't wait to do it again!! My eyes leak a little when I think about our weekend and how much I already miss all of you...wishing you were all right here in my craft room with me! We most definitely need to do this again...friends for life!! :0)

Darnell said...

I have to say my eyes are welling up out of envy because I'm so sad I wasn't able to join you! It sounds like you had an absolute blast AND learned a lot, too, which is fantastic!! Thank you for sharing! You all look amazing!! Hugs, Darnell

Nancy said...

Sounds like it was a fabulous time Linda! Would love to have been there with all of you! Thanks for letting us be a part of it!

Kara Lynne said...

What a fantastic post, Linda! I still can't believe it really happened! We sure packed a lot into our short time together and I have all the memories to prove it!

Tracey McNeely said...

It makes me so happy to see that you were there the weekend right after we were there! If only I had stayed and we could have met!. Love all of your projects they are so fun and I am very impressed you got so much done, typically when I go the Craft House I don't get much done--lol. How do we do 17 you asked? Amy Kolling and Laurie Willison are amazing hostesses and they prepare for the weekend long ahead of time!

Patti said...

This is such a sweet post!! I am so happy for all of you!! One day I will be in the picture too I hope Linda!! : )

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

lexi said...

oh what fun! good friends, a rainbow house, and stamping = heaven!!

Helen F. said...

LOVE that you ladies were able to meetup for what must have been a "Crafters Dream Retreat" :-) I can see by the smiles of each of your faces, you had the BEST time together there in Kansas! Your projects are all gorgeous too, Lin!